Re: [tlug] OPENLDAP & Japanese?

--- Gerald Naughton <naughton123@example.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Anyone using Openldap with japanese ?
> Thinking of using it 6 would like some
> tips

Many moons ago I used to use OpenLDAP with Chinese,
Japanese, and Korean data. All data in LDAP is in the UTF-8
character set. The server works fine, though sometimes
directory administration tools don't understand character sets.
At that time I had to write a lot of my own tools, but things should
be better now.

I would not expect any problems. If you need to get Japanese
data into UTF-8 format, e.g. in an LDIF load file, you can use
the iconv utility.

> thank

Jake