Re: [tlug] usb storage possible from phone?

Hello,

Has anyone used usbmgr
http://www.dotaster.com/~shuu/linux/usbmgr/

Since it is difficult (and perhaps dangerous for the devices involved) to
create a unusual_devs.h entry without knowning about
the device protocol, I wondered if usbmgr could do the trick since I know
the vendor and product and could just specify  that plus-  module scsi_mod
, sd_mod , usb-storage

instead of specifying the protocol in an unusual_devs.h entry in order to
try the mass-storage driver.

Just a thought.  I'm thinking the mini-sd card would be most at risk
(replaceable) and the phone is under warranty so it would just be down
time if something really went down.  That leaves me with an actual problem
of goofing up my usb support which works for other devices.  So that is
why I ask if anyone has used usbmgr.

Ok I could just get a card reader but what if in the odd change I drop the
mini-sd card while switching it from the phone and my child snaps it up
like a cracker.  I'd rather just be able to slide the phone in the cradle
to charge the power and access date via the usb cable to the cradle --
(easy under windows).

As mentioned earlier the problem is this...

>> in /proc/bus/usb/devices
> I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=02 Prot=00 Driver=(none)

It isn't recognized as a mass-storage device.

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/