Re: [tlug] Using JDIC from inside ..

    Jim> I want to see how far I can push it in Tcl/Tk before going
    Jim> into the really hard stuff.

You should be able to push it pretty near all the way.  If necessary,
talk to the X server over a socket.  (Just kidding, but somebody just
went and wrote a full set of X protocol bindings in elisp.  Dang!)

    Jim> Most return text in that 'orrible C2/C3 ICCCM format.

C2/C3?

    Jim> The BIG problem, is that both kterm and yudit result in the
    Jim> selection being stripped of the first character,

Eh, betcha A$0.05 that they use short-form ISO-2022 designation
sequences (eg, ESC $ B for Japanese), while the Compound Text Encoding
standard specifies long-form (resp. ESC $ ( B) explicitly.  Or
something like that.

I dunno if it has been revised recently, but the copy of ISO 2022
(rev. 1994) I have seems to indicate that long form is actually
incorrect for final bytes 'A', 'B', and 'C'.

    Jim> If anyone has Tcl/Tk installed, they might have some fun with
    Jim> the attached.

Uh, how do you do that?  It's installed (pretty much every Linux
system will have it, since all the scripting languages have Tk
interfaces for GUI).  But pasting it into a tclsh doesn't DTRT.