[tlug] [OT] Temporary cell phone service in Japan

Sorry this is OT. My family and I will be in Japan this summer and need
temporary cell phone service. Can anyone recommend a short-term (3
months) solution? We have GSM service with AT&T wireless here in the US.
Does anyone know if our phones (Sony Ericsson T616) can be used in
Japan?

I'll be there from June 18 to July 8. Is there a nomikai or tech meeting
scheduled for this period? (The calendar on the web site only goes
through June, and the supposed June 11 meeting link goes nowhere.)

Thanks.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu .at. uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR