Re: [tlug] <Alt>+<F2>

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 11:46:22AM +0900, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
> I just made the happy discovery that the keyboard shortcut <Alt>+<F2>
> brings up the "Run Command" box.  First, my question to the experts - is
> this something common to all distros (I'm on SuSE 9.1 Professional), or
> does it vary from one distro to another?

I'm not sure that I count as an expert, but the <alt><F2> combo brings
up the run dialog with gnome 2.4 in Debian unstable. Right now I'm
using gnome 2.6.1 compiled with garnome (a script that makes it easy to
compile gnome) and the <alt><F2> combo brings up the run dialogue as
well.

I'm pretty sure that the default action for <alt><F2> in gnome 2 is the
run dialog. Of course, it is possible to change the keyboard shortcuts in
gnome, thus some distros may change this. Check out this article for more
information on keyboard shortcut standardization:

http://www.freedesktop.org/bin/view/Standards/default-keys-spec

HTH, Ben