Re: [tlug] dhcp-client question

    Michal> yes, this is true and I agree 100% with you. But this is
    Michal> not the point. The point is, that I want to find out why I
    Michal> had no entry of this kind in my older logs. Only after
    Michal> reboot and after change of dhcp-server somewhere else in
    Michal> the network, these messages started to apear in my logs. I
    Michal> did not change my logging facility and the logs look
    Michal> different.

Do you use a binary distribution?  If so, have you done a mass upgrade
since the previous reboot?  In that case it's quite possible that the
binary package that you thought was logging had a buggy configuration
that got fixed in the interim.

BTW, if this experience makes you feel like you are not in control of
the machine, then you never were.  In the end nobody is, anyway.  Be
thankful for your enlightenment!