Re: [tlug] dhcp-client question

Hi :)

* Josh Glover (tlug@example.com) [040518 14:11]:
> Nothing odd here. You use DHCP, your machine is requesting an address,

yes, this is true and I agree 100% with you. But this is not the point.
The point is, that I want to find out why I had no entry of this kind in
my older logs. Only after reboot and after change of dhcp-server
somewhere else in the network, these messages started to apear in my
logs. I did not change my logging facility and the logs look different.
I want to know why, because I like to preserve the feeling, that *I* am
in the control of the damn mashine.

> Possibly the leases are shorter now, so you were getting the messages
> before, but just did not notice because they were not coming every 30
> minutes.

I am quite sure there were no messages of this type in my logs before. I
checked that twice. That is precisely what I would like to have
explained. Anyway your idea about the change of lease time sounds
inspirating. Maybe, before the dhcpserver changed, it was possible to
preserve an IP adress for a period of 1 uptime. And now the leases begun
to be required.  I am going to explore this issue as soon as I would be
able to make a contact with the network administrator.

Once more, thank you for an idea.

Best regards
Michal