RE: [tlug] Re: video board recommendations?

On 火, 2004-05-18 at 17:57 +0900, Keith.Wilkinson@example.com wrote:
> The Matrox G550 installs automatically with RH9,
> and I think there are drivers which support two
> monitors on the Matrox web site.
> No 3D acceleration though...

I have a G550 hooked up to two monitors and am very pleased with the
performance. But for some reason, the HAL drivers are not in the stock
xfree tree (I don't know about the x.org or freedesktop servers), so
whenever a new X version comes out (or a security issue comes up) you
have to patch the source code (replace the mga directory with code from
the Matrox web site, and edit a config file) and rebuild. It's rather a
pain. (Binary distributions may do this for you -- I don't know.)
--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu .at. uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR