Re: [tlug] Linux VoIP / PBX

On Mon, 10 May 2004 10:05:51 +0200
patrick.niessen@example.com wrote:

> I just read a German Magazine that explained how to create your own PBX
> using a Linux Box with two (widely and cheaply available in Germany) ISDN
> cards.  Does any project like that exist in Japan?  ISDN seems to be
> difficult as I have never seen an ISDN card for sale.

is the article talking about Asterisk <www.asterisk.org> ?

it was also covered by Linux Journal <http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6769>

and it does not necessarily need ISDN to be implemented. Quicknet's PhoneJack
can be used to connect the PC to an analog phone line (or to an analog port
of an ISDN TA) <www.quicknet.net>