Re: [tlug] Arialuni.ttf font - don't ...

Jim Breen <Jim.Breen@example.com>
Sent: May 9, 2004 7:01 PM

>Does Mandrake come with Canna? If so, start kinput using Canna. Not that
>I have anything against Wnn4; it's just that most people seem to use
>Canna, and it'll be easier to discuss/help if we are talking about
>the same things.

>Soooo:

>	- make sure you have OO 1.1
>	- make sure Canna is running (RH starts up both)
>	- start kinput2 with "kinput2 -xim -canna"

Solved!

Here is another long but practically helpfule post :)

Thanks for the help, I discovered the source of the problem and
it is now resolved.

In circumstances like this one, on more than one occasion,
I have gone to the **/var/log** directory and more often than
not one of these files is way too big. The reason this time was the
file **/var/log/info** was way too big.
I simply deleted it and that solved the problem of too little memory.

A good idea in the future would be instead to make a separate partition for the /var/log directory.

It was up to 2 GIGS in size. The reason for this was I had recently
successfully installed a wireless card driver (took me three weeks)
and if the card isn't in the slot on boot, something keeps looking for it
after booting into KDE and just keeps recording that it isn't there and
logs in that it isn't there( /var/log/info) over and over and over. This file had lots and lots of entries for this which was consuming all that space.

If I inserted the card and left it there, everything is OK.
I next neeed to find out how to correct this so I don't have to leave the
wireless card in the slot all the time.

Joy joy joy.

Thanks again and I hope this little success story has enlightened at least
a few of those patient enough to read the whole blog.

Now,  for Open Office not cooperating, I still have not found a solution.
It **freezes** still.

Jerry

Jerald Weinstein M.S.