[tlug] jserver shut down hangs

Recently, I have had an unusual problem with just shutting down or rebooting
my Mandrake 9.2 Sony Vaio dual boot system.

I recently installled kinput2 and wnn4.  The server starts up and it runs in
all text editors (except OO freezes when I try to input Japanese to it)

There seems to suddently be an enormous amount of CPU usage compared to before.

At this point, CPU usage is 100% (I've been told this is in fact normal in Linux).

However, the most annoying part is that the jserver hangs when I try to shut down
or reboot.

Do these puzzle pieces point to anything, say a runaway process that is consuming
tons of CPU?

I've tried to diagnose this with "du", "df" etc. however can't seem to pinpoint this?

Any suggestion appreciated on how to attack this problem.

Jerald Weinstein M.S.