Re: [tlug] how to google...

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 11:05:01PM -0400, Josh Glover wrote:
> Quoth Scott (Thu 2004-05-06 09:08:53PM -0400):
>
> > Reminds me of when I searched for printing Japanese with CUPS.  A bit of
> > advice to anyone doing it--if you don't add the word printing you'll get
> > some things on the tea ceremony.  :)
>
> Yes, when doing Japan-related searches, one must be *very* specific to
> avoid the pr0n, as well.

Why?  Just kidding--that's all I need, for my wife to walk in as one of
those pops up.

All kidding aside, a user had a bad problem with popups.  She was a new
mother, and did a search for toys.  Clicked one of the first sites, and
it turned out to be a pr0n site.  (She might have even put baby toys, I
forget.)

It was funny, save that she is so straight laced and was so embarrassed
by it.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Angel: I'm weak. I've never been anything else. I wanted to lose
myself in you. I know it will cost me my soul, and part of me
didn't care. It's not the demon in me that needs killing, Buffy,
it's the man.