Re: [tlug] Arialuni.ttf font - don't...

>> From: Scott <scottro@example.com>
>> On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 02:58:01PM -0700, jeraldweinstein@example.com wro=
>> te:
>> > http://www.katzbrown.com/shiritsu/unix%20help/japanese%20on%20kde/
>> >=20
>> > The above website contains a direct download (one click) of the font.
>> >=20
>> > BTW, my open office is not mapped (ie can't pull up the directory where
>> > the ttf's are inside of OO) .
>> >=20
>> > Do I need to create a link from the ttf directory to OO somehow?
>>
>> Now, to answer your question, unless it's Debian, in most cases you
>> simply add the font with spadmin.  In FreeBSD at least, it's in the
>> $HOME/OpenOffice-version directory.  When it opens, you'll hopefully see
>> a button for fonts and the rest will hopefully be clear.  (On every
>> distro but Debian, that's how it's worked--however, with Deb, all I did
>> was apt-get the fonts and next time I opened OpenOffice, there they
>> were. :) =20

Mine worked fine without touching spadmin (RH7.3). I just ran
spadmin to see what it did. It only had three fontsets available - a
couple of Bitstreams and a Lucindasans. When I run OO itself I have
a huge set available including my Arialuni, MS Mincho, MSGothic, etc. It
seems to pick upp all the TTFs I have configured into X.

(The installation details for the fonts are on
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/rhjpnttf.html)

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 9554