[tlug] Regexp

Hi,

This question maybe unrelated to this list.

I'm looking to make an exclusion with a regular expression.

I have this software that allow me to filter text base on
a regular expression, but doesn't allow filtering on the
opposit of a regular expression.

I looking for a regular expression that would match everything
except a particuliar string. Changing the software is not an option.

ex:

Suppose the string I want to exclude is "abc".
The regexp that I'm looking for would do the same
as:

egrep -v "abc"

I tried something like

egrep "[^(abc)]"
egrep "[^a][^b][^c]"

But done gives me exactly what I'm looking for.

any idea, anyone?

Thanks,

dan...