Re: [tlug] pricing on machine for sale

> After doing some research on the TWO TOP machine I want to sell (I
> bought it in December but threw out the receipts), I find the current
> selling price of a similar machine is in the area of 125-130,000

Computers can hold their value slightly better than other consumer
electronics thanks to their flexibility, but the consumer electronics
rule of thumb that the price of anything halves as soon as you unbox it
is something to keep in mind.  Some of my still functioning and decent
computers I picked up for ridiculously cheap prices.  Y4,000 a couple of
years ago for a 200MHz PC, Y1,000 for a Mac PowerPC, etc.  Good luck
finding a buyer, but everyone on this list is probably quite skillful in
finding high quality hardware at a low price, so you might better
advertise it to a less experienced crowd?

Regarding the CPU....

> i386

I've noticed in downloading different versions of Linux that often the
term "i386" is used, but for your computer?  The Intel 386 is a
really-really-really old CPU!  I think maybe my first laptop had one...
that ran at 16MHz or something.  Wasn't Linux originally developed on
the 486?  What does the term "i386" mean for the downloads?  That the
Intell 386 is the very lowest you can go with it?

> I will sell the machine for 95,000 or whatever the best offer is.
>
> I am sure I paid quite a bit more, but that is depreciation..
>
> The 19 inch display/TV from IO-DATA was about 70,000.
>
> http://www.iodata.jp/prod/display/lcd/2003/lcd-tv192cbr/index.htm
> Prefer NOT to sell TV/display, but if requested, I will sell the
> combination for
> 155,000. or best offer

That sounds high to me, but I've been crawling around Akihabara sniffing
out cheap hardware for years now.

Re: "With Suse disk and installation"  You should mentions that you have
the boxed set of five CD-ROMs&DVD - with instruction manuals, etc.