Re: [tlug] playing real video with an open source player

On Tue, 4 May 2004 02:15:49 -0700, Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com>
wrote:

> IAWJ ;-)  But I love the ASCII art, it cracked me up :-)
> How long did it take you to make that?

I didn't - I shamelessly scraped it off I forget where. What I do remember
about it was that it's okay to do that as long as you keep the "jgs"
signature in it.

> >Then how come people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
>
> Maybe because MS software repulses you instead of addicting you? :-)

It only repulses those who have seen the light of alternative solutions.
Those who haven't yet seen alternatives think that Microsoft *is* what
computing is all about. They think that IE *is* the Internet and that
OpenOffice, WordPerfect and Lotus WordPro are pale imitations of MS-Turd,
that PageMaker and Quark Xpress are cheap imitations of M$-Publisher, and
that PhotoShop and the GIMP aren't a patch (no pun intended) on MS-Drool,
err, sorry, MS-Draw.

Oh, and you'll probably like this random .sig...

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.6.5)