Re: [tlug] playing real video with an open source player

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 04:12:52AM -0400, ben konrath wrote:
> I asked them why they weren't using any open source
> codecs and they told me that real video was open source.

they may be refering to helix ( https://helixcommunity.org/ )
which is indeed free software

however the realaudio and realvideo codecs are not.

greetings, martin.
--
looking for a job doing pike programming, sTeam/caudium/pike/roxen training,
sTeam/caudium/roxen and/or unix system administration anywhere in the world.