Re: [tlug] playing real video with an open source player

Quoth ben konrath (Mon 2004-05-03 04:12:52AM -0400):

> I'm trying to find an open source real video player for linux. My
> school, the University of Toronto, is having an open source / free
> software conference and are only putting the archives up in .mov, .rm
> and .wmv formats. I asked them why they weren't using any open source
> codecs and they told me that real video was open source.

IAWG,[1] but you can at least use an Open Source program to play these
nasty closed-source formats: mplayer.[2]

-Josh

[1] I Agree With Godwin (an acronymn that we are unlikely to see used
    heavily! ;)
[2] http://www.mplayerhq.hu/

--
Josh Glover

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103