Re: [tlug] MH and thunderbird

> Our corporate outlook does mojibake too, I'm sure you will have a hard
> time finding a perfect mailer that can detect and display all those
> wonderfull japanese encodings and fix corrupted text as well. BTW, I'm
> using claws and if it can't display Japanese it's usually because the text
> is already corrupted when it reaches my mailer, though I haven't had many
> problems so far.

Apart from having the problems displaying japanese e-mail (it's not
mojibake, it just "eats" some parts of the text without warning which I
think it's worse), what I don't like about sylpheed is that you must go
to a configuration menu to change the encoding of the mails you want to
send.

>>The problem is that it
>>can't import MH mailboxes.
>
> But sylpheed-claws can export to mbox and AFAIK that's what mozilla uses.
> (at least nerdscape 4 was using that back in the old days).

I also used claws for a while, but after I switched to fedora I couldn't
make it work (it was 0.9.7) and then went back to plain sylpheed. I'll
try 0.9.10 to see if it works

Thanks,

Hector