Re: [tlug] iptables and port-forwarding concerns

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:05:53 +0200, Botond Botyanszki <tlug@example.com>
wrote:

> I have a similar setup with gnomemeeting. This might be of some help:
> http://www.gnomemeeting.org/index.php?rub=3&pos=0&faqpage=x266.html

Interestingly enough, I never managed to get Gnomemeeting to work. One of
its dependencies requires LDAP, which *was* installed, but it failed to find
it.

Gnomemeeting doesn't do SIP anyway, although it does do IAX which obviously
should work on Asterisk (IAX = Inter Asterisk eXchange).

Anyway, I got the whole shebang working using KPhone as a software SIP phone
and I was able to chat for about an hour this afternoon, but I had to
install the software on my main workstation for a couple of reasons:

1) It made more sense. Now that I got rid of that mobo with a VIA chipset,
sound is no longer like a scratchy old vinyl that's been gathering fly shit
for 20 years.

2) If the energy saving kicks in on the laptop, the sound card shuts down
and only a reboot will bring it back up. Half-baked plug'n'pray...

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.6.5)