Re: [tlug] iptables and port-forwarding concerns

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:14:30 -0400, Josh Glover <tlug@example.com> wrote:

> Looks pretty decent!

I wanted to pay special attention to caging in the Windoze box. I really
don't want it spewing viruses and spam if the user gets hit with malware
of some sort (even though I *am* filtering inbound e-mail with ClamAV), so
that meant restricting where it can send e-mail and not letting it get
anywhere near common proxy ports on other boxen in order to prevent a 2-tier
injection. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

> Bloody karmic, that screwup was. No sooner than I had a chuckle at your
> expense, everyone got one at mine! That'll learn me! :)

That's TLUG for you: ruthless but all in good spirit! (unless you're being a
dork for real)

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.6.5)