Re: [tlug] EBView Works Great / Random House UB?

>>Are there any readers for the unabridged Random House dictionary I have?
>>

>What format is the "Unabridged Random House" in.

I had a look at the installed form of it (on W2K) and it consists of 24
files. Most of those are DLL, text and help files, but there are four
larger files:

Wt61en.mor - 1MB
rhud.bok - 21MB
rhudpic.pic - 39MB
rhudwav.wac - 456MB

I think what I would like to be accessing of those would be that
rhud.bok file. I'm certain that the rhudwav.wac file is only the
pronunciation guide, as I've deleted it before installing the dictionary
before to save space.

I just tried opening the rhud.bok file (from the uninstalled version of
the software) with a text editor. It opens looking like it's encrypted
or something. One piece of it from the middle of the file looks like this:

æÛ£úWÕñk/,ÿ¢{z·²üHȸ°;ð+VýEs™e:›°ôQúWÕæÛ{ÓP¯—Õëw²üHɸ°;ð+fýEos™e:žÿØ2”éíŸÞ
ú‡`. Èþ|„Í!c>}m]ÅÞÙ¨vIHH.
Èæ3è×{ÐدÓ[2·²üHʸ°;ð+výEŸs™e:{¿@ôõldñ…ð8äôG*Oíñ|Ù×±ï>÷ÝyÔ¯èÙ½¸îŠ÷ºs—º€®üH˯S¨¶²üH̸°;ð+†ýE¯s™e:›¸/Äòë8Ž¸Xõ^ß!å¬)Û¨ŸÄŒêýcüK0¯±îæûYdÝ{s²ó‰Û‹¿

As far as I can tell, that's one entry (word + definition). Is this a
hopeless case, or is there some way to use that data with Linux?

Lyle