Re: [tlug] libusb and plustek sane-backend (1.0.13)

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 10:42:25PM +0200, Godwin Stewart wrote:

> Normal syntax for pointing the backend to the scanner when using the
> usb-scanner kernel module was:
>
> device /dev/usb/scanner0
>
> I tried:
>
> device libusb:001:002
>
> No dice.
>
> What next?

I'm not sure if this will help, but when I was using libusb for a
program I was writing, I had to have the permissions of the /proc file
entry set properly before I could access the device. The /proc entry
will be at /proc/bus/usb/001/002 where 001 is the first hub and 002 is
the first device. You can get hotplug to do this for you based on the
usb vendor id and the product id, but I just changed it manually.

Cheers, Ben