Re: [tlug] HTML app packager?

>>>Recently, I've been getting more and more requests to provide a locally
>>>downloadable version of these dictionaries for people in places where
>>>internet access is still either too expensive, slow, or unreliable to
>>>take proper advantage of my web setup.
>>>

>I get heaps of such requests for the WWWJDIC server functionality to be
>made available - usually for Windows. Plus people asking could they get
>the files to run on a local Apache.

Firstly, Jim, a huge Thank You for the WWWJDIC dictionary! There is no
way I can adequately express how useful that is and how much I
appreciate it. Doubly so now that I don't have access via Linux to the
set of (expensive) installable dictionaries I bought over the years for
MS computers. I haven't requested a hard-drive based dictionary from you
myself, but if you develop one, I'll be tripping some people and bonking
others on the head in an effort to be first in line for it. Initially, I
avoided on-line dictionaries due to the cost of being on-line, but the
new issue for me is that I'd like to be able to use it on some off-line
workstations. Since they are never on-line, they can't use the current
system at all. And yes, some of them are MS boxes.... which is one
reason they're off-line! What better security than the law of physics.

Sort of jumped the topic.... Just wanted to say that I'm always keen to
acquire more dictionary reference material.