Re: [tlug] HTML app packager?

>> What about docbook. xml?

> These are very interesting leads, definitely the sort of direction I am
> leaning toward.

By the way, I have found http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ to be quite
helpful and expect you'll find the section on indexing to be just that.

Also, http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/ is
useful too. With these parameters passed in when you output the html, you
can do things like make a seperate html page for each section, and control
how the sections are numbered etc.

I tried a sample, and got an index with a link the seperate html page
containing info for each term.  But the format wasn't ideal.  For
instance, it was:

超, 超
, ちょう

was derived from the sample below.  In both cases, the link followed the
comma.  In the second case, I left the primary element out to see if I
could eliminate the redundancy but the comma was left.  This of course is
adjustable if you tweak the stylesheets but that is a bit of a pain.

Anyway the key point is that "The links go to the top of the section
rather than to the anchor point within the section."(2) so it seems you
would need a new section for each term so you could just do a find in page
search on the index and let the user click to see the details on that
term.  You can adust the section numbering to have with the html
parameters I mentioned earlier.

(simple example below)

<chapter>
<title>Test of indexing
</title>

<sect1><title>超</title>
  <para>Actually this is my wife's name
      <indexterm>
<primary>超</primary>
</indexterm>
</para>
</sect1>

<sect1>
<title>ちょう</title>
<para>People say this my mistake though
<indexterm>
<primary></primary>
</indexterm>
  </para>
  </sect1>
</chapter>

--
Shawn

(2)  That's done to permit multiple identical indexterms in the same
section to collapse to a single entry. That's done to avoid having to
repeat the section title.