Re: [tlug] giving up on email

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:32:07 +0200, David Santinoli <u235@example.com> wrote:

> BTW, spamvertised domain names too are getting more and more
> meaningless...

What we need is a filter which examines the incoming mail, goes through all
the usual deobfuscation hoops automatically and then looks up where the
domain is hosted. If the domain is hosted in China, Korea or Brazil, or if
it no longer resolves, then there's a 99.9999% chance that the mail
containing it was spam.

Judging by your e-mail address (the TLUG server strips headers) you're
posting from Italy. Have the anti-spam laws enacted last year made any
perceptible difference to your spam load? Over here (next door to you in
fact in France) the flow is just as strong - or would be if
it.countries.nerd.dk wasn't in use on my MTA...

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.25)