Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Re: Security question with grep/e...
- Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 14:03:32 +1000 (EST)
- From: Jim Breen <Jim.Breen@example.com>
- Subject: [tlug] Re: Security question with grep/e...
Tobias Diedrich <email@example.com> wrote: >> Jim Breen wrote: >> >> > Internally I use EUC-JP, both 2-byte and the 3-byte JIS X 0212 variety >> > (I'm probably the only person in the galaxy doing the latter.). >> >> Is JIS X 0212 the one including doublewidth german umlauts? Sure is. You can see them by looking up something like "okagesamade" in WWWJDIC using the Japanese-French file. The Japanese-German one there currently uses the oe/ue/etc. convention, but I'll be changing to another file shortly which will have proper umlauts, etc. >> At least mutt converts umlauts to doublewidth umlauts if I use it with >> LC_CTYPE=ja_JP. Well, they are the only ones available for mixing Japanese and Latin diacritics in a Japanese codeset. Only Unicode, or hybrids like ISO-2022 can mix them properly. Jim -- Jim Breen http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/ Computer Science & Software Engineering, Tel: +61 3 9905 9554 Monash University, VIC 3800, Australia Fax: +61 3 9905 5146 (Monash Provider No. 00008C) $B%8%`!&%V%j!<%s(B@$B%b%J%7%eBg3X(B
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] Re: Security question with grep/e...
- Next by Date: [tlug] Problem with tpctl on Thinkpad 600X
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Re: Security question with grep/e...
- Next by thread: [tlug] Japanese input problem solved!
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links