Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Re: tlug] Security question with grep/e...
- Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:14:55 -0500
- From: Viktor Pavlenko <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Re: tlug] Security question with grep/e...
> From: "Josh Glover" <firstname.lastname@example.org> > Date: 2004/03/23 Tue PM 02:01:06 EST > > Quoth Tim Hurman: > > > 4) your security problems are simplified, > > die unless ($user_str =~ m/^[\w.]+$/); > > Why the "." in the regular expression? Is that a typo? "." matches an awful > lot, including quotes. Wouldn't a better regexp be: m/^[\w\s]+$/? "." inside square brackets only matches itself, so Tim's regular expression will match a string with any combination of "word" characters and dots. Viktor
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Re: tlug] Security question with grep/e...
- Next by Date: [tlug] im-ja 1.0
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Re: tlug] Security question with grep/e...
- Next by thread: [tlug] im-ja 1.0
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links