Re: [tlug] Magazines & Software

> Laox Computer-kan may also carry Linux Journal, I remember they used
> to.  However, the price of foreign computer mags in Japanese shops
> is typically more than double, and often triple, the cover price.
> I'm sure it would be cheaper to just subscribe to the magazine.
> Granted, it takes away one excuse for an Akihabara trip, but it
> will save you some money :-)

And don't forget that the computer disks in Japanese magazines work fine
in English!  If Fedora will fit the bill, you can get it cheaply at just
about any Japanese bookstore.  I've done several English language
installs from Japanese magazine disks - and they work fine as
all-English installs with the menus - everything - in English.