Re: [tlug] Re: test

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 10:17:12PM +0100, Tobias Diedrich wrote:

>Some googling suggests it was around July 2001.

Ah.  I was still on Red Hat in those days.

>The most annoying thing for me is that even in sid the X server lags
>behind.

I haven't had any problems with the 4.3.0 in Sid, but

>that one fixes some 3D GFX problems.
>http://dri.freedesktop.org/~daenzer/debian/dri-trunk-sid/ ./

what problems were you experiencing?  Not that I care about 3D
much at all, I'm not a gamer.  In fact, my favorite cards are the
Matrox Gxxx series, because they are second to none for clear and
crisp 2D.  The whitebox Radeon 9200 I'm using right now is pretty
close, though.  I like it better than any nvidia card I've ever had.
This is my first Radeon, but it won't be my last.  Matrox cards are
expensive and not widely stocked, at least not in the US.  I used to
seem them in all the major shops in Tokyo.

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9