Re: [tlug] Etherbooting a PCMCIA card?

Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> Now, what I would like to do with one if possible is make a thin
> client out of it and netboot it over PCMCIA.  Does anyone know of any
> PCMCIA NIC that can do this?

None of the usual suspects:

http://syslinux.zytor.com/pxe.php
http://netboot.sourceforge.net
http://etherboot.org

use the magic PCMCIA word anywhere on their pages... There's a
commercial vendor who claims he supports cardbus stuff, too, but from
casually browsing through their list of supported NICs, it appears only
two 3COM cards do that particular trick.

http://www.bootix.com/us/products/promtypes.shtml

I suppose the problem with most PCMCIA cards simply is that they don't
have a socket where you could put a netboot PROM...

Cheers
Ulrich Plate