[tlug] logic error with code hosted on your servers

Re the web page here:

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html

I downloaded vanillajpn.tar.bz2 so that I could input Japanese into my
distro (Slackware).  This page is great and helped me get everything
working smoothly, but there was one small problem.  For some reason, the
version of cannaserver included in this archive would compile and install
properly, but would always fail to initialize when run.  This left me with
only kana input, which of course was not good.

I reviewed the source and tracked the error down to misc.c in the server/
directory.  On line 255 it is stated:

if ((context = RkwInitialize( (char *)ddname )) < 0)

As you can see, this comparison will always fail, causing the program to
exit prematurely (giving an extremely nondescript error).  This line
should read:

if ((context == RkwInitialize( (char *)ddname )) < 0)

Which will perform the comparison correctly and allow the server to run.
Or you could just comment out the whole error check (not adviseable).

I tried to contact the author at the address given on his page, but my
mail was returned.  He states that his code is hosted on servers provided
by you folks, so I am submitting this bug report to you.

This error was not caught by my compiler.  It allowed me to follow the
instrctions given on the page without a problem.  This could be an issue
for someone who doesn't know how to code... hence it would be adviseable
to fix the package hosted on your servers if you can.

Any feedback is appreciated.