Re: [tlug] SUN servers conole on Linux serial port

Quoth Thomas Savarimuthu (Fri 2004-03-12 10:54:00AM +0900):

> I have a sun server whos console is connected to a serial port of a
> linux server  to access it remotely using minicom. Its quiet handy and
> works fine until i restart the linux server. i.e, when i restart the
> linux server, sun servers sense a suspend (break) signal (similar to
> the stop-A in sun keyboard) and goes to "ok" prompt.  I think when
> linux shuts down or loading serial driver during boot, it sends a break
> singal to the serial port.
>
> How can i skip this problem? Any suggestions?

During my stint on the Sun Managers mailing list, this came up a few
times. Search the archives:

http://www.sunmanagers.org/search-sunmanagers.html

I found this on a very quick search:

http://www.sunmanagers.org/pipermail/sunmanagers/2004-March/028324.html

Scroll to the end of the page, the bit about disabling Stop-A also
mentions adding 'set abort_enable=0' to /etc/system. This led me to a
Google search for: solaris "abort_enable" "serial console"

http://www.google.com/search?q=solaris+%22abort_enable%22+%22serial+console%22&btnG=Google+Search&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

And there it is, the first result:

http://news.gw.com/netbsd.ports.sparc/15399

For anybody else on this list that has to deal with Sun hardware and/or
Solaris, the Sun Managers list is a great resource. Maybe you want to
subscribe--the S:N ratio is not too bad--or maybe you just search the
archives when you hit an issue for which a Google search is not adequate.

--
Josh Glover

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103