Re: [tlug] Top Posting

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:42:33 -0500 (EST)
"Josh Glover" <tlug@example.com> wrote:

> I feel the best policy is Godwin's: to just delete top-posted email
> outright.
I disagree.
Deleting spam doesn't solve your spam problem. You will get more and more
as time goes on. Even if you use a spam filter and automate this task of
moving mails into separate folder. Unless you block it on a lower level
(smtp or IP packet reject). I have found that the latter is much more
efficient.

The situation is the same here.  Identifying top posts takes time (your
own, because the spam filter cannot do it unfortunately). And every tlug
reader has to go through this process.
I think the solution would be to kill the problem at its roots, either ban
or moderate.

> If the poster is not willing to play by our rules, he or she
> should not expect to glean the benefits of this community.
He or she should not be the part of this community.