Re: [tlug] Top Posting

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:17:00 +0900
BABA Yoshihiko <yoshihiko.baba@example.com> wrote:

> There's a history.  A while ago the top posters started pissing off
> those who had helped the beginners, who eventually left the list.  We
> used to warn them in private, but some of top posters don't realize it
> until they are warned on the list.

Warning people in public should help those lurkers to understand the basic
rules. But this is not the case with some. These (obviously) don't read
the list, except the answers to their questions (that google would be
able to answer faster).
AFAIK this list is about helping each other out fixing things or getting
problems solved. Note that this should be done in both ways!
TLUG IS NOT A SUPPORT CENTER. There are thousands of newbie lists for any
specific distro. We never said newbies are not welcome, only those who
"just don't get it".
I would be glad to see a moderator who would be even banning people. The
quality of this list has been declining ever since, with nonsense posts
such as a kanji one-liner recently that wasn't necessary at all.