Re: [tlug] RHCE preparation

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 05:56:55PM +0900, Blomberg David wrote:

> rtecovery. (messed .so files, misconfigured PAM, and I have only had 1
> time I recall having to recover a lost root password in the last four
> years.)  Remember that the troubleshooting section is full of these and
> is 1/3 of the test.

How about corrupt/lost MBRs or data? Or misconfigured kernels? Problems
such as these seem to come up more often than the ones you mentioned.

> 	If you have the above down and can install "the Red Hat way" and make
> apps open at log in "again the Red Hat way" then you are set--making it
> work is good but if its not starting as Red Hat recommends then you seem
> to loose points (I still passed first time, but my install section
> scored lower than it should have the only answer I could come up with
> was minus points for not doing it as they taught in the class. (I
> beleiev in Perls moto: there more than one way to do it)

When I took it, all I got was an email that I had passed, without any
mention of points. It would have been nice to know how well I did.

Another thing I recall is signing an NDA. I don't remember the exact
details, but how much can we reveal in answers to questions such as
these?

--
A. Sajjad Zaidi
Sr.System Administrator