Re: [tlug] KDE 3.2 in SId, but...

Quoth Jonathan Byrne (Sun 2004-03-07 01:55:14PM -0800):

> My biggest gripe with it is
> actually just that you only get one desktop.  I have eight desktops on
> my notebook and ten on my desktop machine, and I like it like that.
> Considering what a great idea that is, I'm surprised MS has never borrowed
> it from X.

They have. I have seen it on a friend's XP laptop. Virtual desktops with
little viewport windows in the dock, or whatever MS calls it. I think it
is a Power Tool thing, however. Anyway, Microsoft has submitted a patent
application on it:

http://www.arstechnica.com/news/posts/1077781268.html
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/02/25/1346201

--
Josh Glover

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103