Re: [tlug] Re: Fwd: Re: Suse blues

On Sunday 07 March 2004 11:02, Tobias Diedrich wrote:
> paul arenson wrote:
> > Well, let's see. Can't.
>
> You could still use gimp to aquire a screenshot. :-)

Oh...I didn't know that.....and will it make it to the list?
Here it is (Attachment : past4.jpg)

Meanwhile, David said

>>>There are two options available to you here:

But is this so even if Suse is installed in Japanese
and it is supposed to be working?   Based on, for examle, Lyle's
example?   I wonder if this is just one of the idiosyncracies of
Linux/Suse, that some things do not work for some people, or
if there is something going wrong that will be revealed by my posting the
below screen shot or referring to the other eprson who had the same trouble?

If there is no choice, then I guess I will haveto look at the below
as a solution.

>1. Use kinput2-wnn. It's a bitch to start up, because it requires you to
specify a file called wnnenvrc each time you start kinput2, but this can
be done from .xinitrc anyway.

>2. Use uim-anthy or im-ja. Both have a XIM bridge which allows them to
work with XIM, and can get by fine with libanthy and no backend server.
im-ja can optionally use Canna.

Is this something I have to install?

>I personally loathe both Canna and Wnn (And all backend servers for that
matter), so I went with 2.

That sounds good to me, though I first want to understand why it
doesn't work as I hoped it would.

>Good luck!

>-David

Thank you