Re: [tlug] Japanese input in openOffice 1.1

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 16:59, Blomberg David wrote:
> Has anyone here been able to run English OpenOffice 1.1 and get Japanese
> input to work?  I have English and Japanese installed.  Japanese input
> works great for Japanese OpenOffice, but when I start up the English
> version (with all the same environmental variables) I get the IME and
> can see the kanji until the point of input when they suddenly go from
> Kanji to square blocks. (or am I asking a dumb fonts question?)

I experienced the same thing. On my system, it is installed
at /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.0 under which I found share/fonts/truetype
containing its own set of fonts. I moved all of these
to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype and symlinked it and then had no further
problems.

Regards,
Jason Stubbs