Re: [tlug] Japanese input in openOffice 1.1

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:59:24 +0900, Blomberg David <dblomber@example.com>
wrote:

> Has anyone here been able to run English OpenOffice 1.1 and get Japanese
> input to work?  I have English and Japanese installed.  Japanese input
> works great for Japanese OpenOffice, but when I start up the English
> version (with all the same environmental variables) I get the IME and
> can see the kanji until the point of input when they suddenly go from
> Kanji to square blocks. (or am I asking a dumb fonts question?)

Font question I believe.  Works fine for me under Redhat 9.   The font
switches to koichi mincho automatically as I set that in
tools/options/language settings or near there.

For RH9 though actually, I needed newer version of canna as it kept
crashing.  There is a thread on this list about this in the archives or
ask again if you run into that.

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/