Re: [tlug] Mutt

Quoth Jim Tittsler (Sun 2004-02-29 10:28:15AM +0900):

> > And actually, Maildir *is* faster, since there is an index.
>
> How do you get mutt to keep an index of the Maildir files?  I
> thought it had to open each of the files and read its header
> (which is what the Dovecot index files avoid or at least
> minimizes depending upon how the Maildir has changed).

Ah. It is entirely possible that the index files are being written
by my IMAP server. I just assumed it was part of the Maildir spec.
That will teach me to, um, how did I put it, "Google first, speculate
later." *gulp*

Sheepishly yours,
Josh

--
Josh Glover

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103