Re: [tlug] How revolutionary is M2?

> Just curious, if you pay for it, does this commercial go away?  Is it
> revolutionary enough to be worth paying for, or just revolutionary?

Yes, the commercial goes away.

> I haven't noticed anyone using M2 before (at least, not that had
> the M2 .signature), but there must be something about it that drew
> you away from [fF]ree mail clients such as Kmail, mutt, Balsa, Sylpheed,
> Evolution, etc.

Evolution would not support Japanese character at the time I tried to use
it.  Yes it did in the past and may now but not at that time.  In fact,
Opera had trouble too, but the developers got on it when I wrote to their
mailing list.

Other than that, it is just convenient to have a browser/email client
together especially when doing web application developement and there is a
need to discuss bugs on mailing lists.  It probably goes in the catagory
of "fat - wasted resources" to users of mutt and some of those others.
You personally are happy with mutt Jonathon and I would never suggest
otherwise but when you wife gets her visa (please let us know when that is
so we can go wild in celebration) and wants to use a browser and send
mail, it might be something she likes.  Your little one will probably like
learning his/her abcs with elmo at:

  http://www.sesamestreet.com/sesamestreet/games/flash.php?contentId=9495524

   What are the strengths of M2 compared to any/all
> of those which led you to choose it?

Visually, I just like they layout I have now with it especially with the
"pink bunny" skin that is just so darn cute.  (Used to pacify my
up-in-arms-over-using-linux-at-home wife.  It's funny to watch her open
open-office and try to drag the link into her mail or copy it so she can
paste it there.  I know those are Microsoft tricks and the things she
relies on to help her be productive at work, but it is just funny to see
her try to do that when the attach button is sitting right there.  She, by
the way, "hates" opera, and M2 and for those corporate types like her --
Evolution is the way to go I suppose at least in term of graphical email
clients on linux.)

Notes:

M2 can not currently send a digital signature
is a little quirky and my not actually delete deleted mail
gets taking a little used to
seems to be in the developement stage of imap support
is slated for redesign in the 7.50 version of which I have not tried the
beta yet

--
Shawn

PS I got my wife to use pgp via ant (for simplicity and to avoid the risk
of her forgeting after my demise) on the command line to access our
financial documents but I somehow think mutt is a little too much to ask
her to do - even thought it may be superior.