Re: [tlug] Mutt

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 02:09:29PM -0500, Josh Glover wrote:
> Quoth Jim Tittsler (Sat 2004-02-28 09:10:33AM +0900):
>
> > On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 10:12:16PM +0100, Tobias Diedrich wrote:
> >
> > > The one thing annoying me about mutt is the time it takes to open larger
> > > mboxes.  Something like an index file would be nice, so it wouldn't have
> > > to reparse the complete Mailbox on every time (I know there's Maildir,
> > > but I don't think it would help much either).
> >
> > Have you tried using mutt with an IMAP server?  I sometimes use
> > it with a Dovecot IMAP server (which does maintain index files)
> > which seems to help a bit.
>
> And actually, Maildir *is* faster, since there is an index.

How do you get mutt to keep an index of the Maildir files?  I
thought it had to open each of the files and read its header
(which is what the Dovecot index files avoid or at least
minimizes depending upon how the Maildir has changed).

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/