Re: [tlug] Japanese groupware?

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 10:29:45AM -0800, Gerald Naughton wrote:

>or do I`ve to go to squirrelmail and mess around

Ilohamail <URL:http://www.ilohamail.org/> beats the crap out of
Squirrelmail and was designed from the ground up to be E-J bilingual;
the author is a native speaker of both.

It also has its own IMAP library which the author says is much faster
than PHP's.  I ran the project to move GOL to a new webmail system
in 2002, and after looking at a bunch of them, I chose Ilohamail and
found it work well and found the author to be extremely helpful with any
bugs, etc.  We even paid him to add some features for us, and he went
above and beyond the call in meeting our needs.

IMAP and POP3 are both supported, so you can use whichever best meets
your needs.

If you find it necessary to use webmail system from outside of the
groupware solution you choose, give Ilohamail a good look.

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9