Re: [tlug] Re: Don't Hijack Threads/OO.org MIME types

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 10:12:16PM +0100, Tobias Diedrich wrote:

>The one thing annoying me about mutt is the time it takes to open larger
>mboxes.

What are your definitions of "larger" and "time?"  In my experience,
mutt is faster at this than any other mail client, even when the
mbox has thousands of mails in it.  That's how I was first exposed
to mutt, as an ISP postmaster.  I found that it was not only faster than
anything else, it was for all practical purposes the only thing that was
usable.

I hate to think how big an mbox would have to be to bring mutt to its
knees :-p

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9