Re: [tlug] SOHO color/b&w printer

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 05:17:00PM -0800, Gerald Naughton wrote:
> Hi All
> Does anyone know of a good printer
> for Small Office with supported CUPs drivers
> and Japanese supported fonts &ppm is good?
>
> It should be able to print more than a few 100 pages
> without running to local store for ink like a typical
> usb printer

What I can recommend is something from the HP LaserJet series. I bought
an HP 1300 about 8 months back and it's still going strong. Must have
printed around a 1000 pages by now without replacing the toner.

Can't say that I've tried printing Japanese, but haven't had any driver
issues with CUPS. I was initially using the generic postscript driver
(on a Red Hat 9 system) and now use the native driver on a Fedora (core 1)
system.

--
A. Sajjad Zaidi
iinix Solutions (http://www.iinix.com/)