[tlug] HDD Reliability

A quick question about hard drives.  I remember reading in the Register
( www.theregister.co.uk ) - I think last year - a couple of articles
about a fairly high failure rate with some hard drives.  I mention this
now, because my 120GB IBM drive makes an odd noise from time to time (I
don't know how to describe it - a sort of electronic sound that I've
never heard any other drive I've used make).  Hopefully there's no bad
news floating around about IBM drives... I bought it about... eight
months ago I think.  Has anyone heard anything about IBM drives?
Interestingly, just after I read a different article about a year and a
half ago in The Register about a high rate of failure in a batch of
Fujitsu drives, there were a lot of cheap Fujitsu drives for sale in
Akihabara (I used to work within walking distance of there, so I'd walk
through every day).

Lyle