Re: [tlug] spam in Pakistan

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 03:12:30PM +0100, Godwin Stewart wrote:

> Try googling for cubexs.net.pk in NANAS and you'll understand why that made
> *me* laugh out loud.

:-D

Though first time I've heard about them.

Spam isn't that big an issue for most people yet. Partly because of
some of the isolation they have from the rest of the net, and also
because of how much free time they have to deal with unwanted crap.
It just doesn't bother many people.

What gets my eyes rolling is that I still see long-time net users get
excited about free pr0n messages and the millions someone in Lagos is
offering for their help and account info.

As for netiquette, even the few highly technical local lists I
subscribe to regularly break every rule in the book. A polite
suggestion by someone like me usually turns into a full flame war.

Still, there is hope. That's why I'm still here.
--
A. Sajjad Zaidi
GnuPG Key ID: 0xD7AD0E13