[tlug] Okay, sorry. It was a font issue...

Re: "This is a list where you are supposed to "talk" to people politely.
If you ask questions and do hope that list will members spend their time
and help you by answering your questions then you should follow the
netiquette."

I had thought it was simply an issue of style and was surprised that
people felt so passionately about it.  I'll persist in that style
elsewhere, but not on this list.  Sorry for causing the irritation, it
was not my intent.

Re: "Do you also realize that it is easier to press delete rather than
answer your post? If you post in such a hideous format, people will just
delete it rather than trying to decrypt your blurb."

I think it's an issue of font size actually - I started using that
format on a computer with a small monitor and fairly large fonts -
subjects tended to be longer than the space to display them in - cutting
off the ends.  With the setup I'm using now in Linux, the fonts are much
smaller and I agree with the readability issue.  There was an original
reason for doing it that way however.

Thank you to most of the group for your helpful comments - especially
regarding text editors - and I'll try not to incur the wrath of those
with very sharp teeth and strong aversions to people with the name
Lyle.  Having a different sense of humor, I'll studiously avoid any
attempts at it in this group.  Again - sorry, I didn't mean to rile
people up.  Henceforth, any text will be purely content - no attempts at
humor will again be attempted.

Yoroshiku!