[tlug] EMailClients/BackingUpEMailFiles

Re: "... not sure what client you're using, but yes, even if you change
a subject line and hit reply, the more sophisticated email clients like
mutt show it as being part of the old thread. Jonathan, if you could
make a little screenshot of it, I'll put it up on the web somewhere, and
reference it in my newbie faq."

I'm using Mozilla 1.6, and I just went to <View> and tried a sort by
thread - yikes!  From "pytheon development" to "SevenFiles...".  Ah....
yes, yes, yes, now I understand very well the irritation with thread
hijacking!  I've always had my e-mail set to simply show e-mail in
chronological order.  To keep track of things, I've created a byzantine
filing system.......

Speaking of e-mail clients - I liked Netscape Communicator 4.8 on EE
(EvilEmpire) for its extreme ease of backing up things - for example,
you can have 10,000 files (literally) in one folder, as I recently did
for an OpenOffice newsgroup, and by hitting <Ctrl>+<A>, they are all
highlighted, and then <Ctrl>+<S> and the entire batch is saved into one
single (rather large) text file.  Is there a way to do the same sort of
thing with Mozilla?  It didn't seem to work when I tried it.  Also, with
Netscape 4.8, I could move the entire InBox or Sent to other machines
just by dropping that one file into the appropriate folder within
Netscape.  I tried this with the Linux version of Netscape 4.8 and it
worked, but I haven't tried it with Mozilla 1.6 yet - does it work that way?

Any suggestions as to the best e-mail client to use?

Lyle